Holy Drawers, Batman!

I used to know a guy who showed people what that particular Scotsman wore under his kilt. Goodness knows what other Scotsmen wear, or, in his case, don't wear at Sporran level.

To be honest, I really don't care. Scotsmen are welcome to wear frilly, polka-dot bloomers if that keeps them warm in the Highlands. Or no undergarments at all, if fresh air turns their crank.

However, not in my wildest nightmares had I wondered about what Moroni's fictional golden tablets might have instructed along the underwear lines:


"Now in addition to asking candidates about boxers or briefs, we have reporters asking Mitt Romney if he wears The Garment, the sacred one-piece, knee-length underwear with Mormon markings and strict disposal rules." ~ Maureen Dowd



Sacred? Holy Drawers, Batman!

Strict disposal rule? It boggles the mind. I expect we can rest assured that the lovely numbers at right will not show up in a landfill site.

(I cannot help but think that the Garment is the Latter Day Solution to Population Control.)

However, I would agree with Mitt when he responds, “I’ll just say those sorts of things I’ll keep private.”

It says little about the caliber of the media that a reporter should even have asked the question in the first place.

I change TV channels whenever Giorgio W Borgia appears, but I expect to crack up the next time I see Romney.




Home

No comments: