Dawkins on Hitchens

The Times Literary Supplement features (September 05, 2007) an interesting review by Richard Dawkins of Christopher Hitchens' "God is not great". Dawkins concludes, "And what a splendid, boisterously virile broadside of a book it is."

The religious, who have too long considered themselves justified in flaunting their empirically unfounded beliefs (as though they really do represent the Gospel Truth) continue to express dismay that someone could dare to repeatedly and publicly express disbelief.

(I have been an atheist for a long time yet I have only recently become aware of the stand up and be counted wave of vocal disbelief. I count myself very fortunate to be Canadian and not American because Canadians are much more secular than Americans and I personally find In Your Face Religiosity quite infuriating and nauseating.)




Home

No comments: